Diagramming Sentences

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Figurative Language

We are currently learning about the following types of figurative language:

similes- compares two things that are not alike by using the word like or as
metaphors- compares two things that are not alike without using like or as
exaggeration- a writer's way of stretching the truth to add humor or interest to details in a story or another type of writing
personification- giving human qualities to objects, plants, or animals

Please post an original example of one or all!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bryonne-I am happy that we are studying about Lakota. They were a group that worked very hard to stay healthy and get all they needed to live.

Anonymous said...

I like most of the adverb and ajective games because they help me a lot.I have really learned a lot.


Bryonne

Anonymous said...

I really have a problem with metaphor's but not with personification,exaggeration,and simile's.

Anonymous said...

Ms.Hatcher can you help me with personification and similes

Anonymous said...

Ilove using personificationin stories. Kasen